Note the recovery menu does not need to be re-flashed unless you have an issue or theres an update. Recovery zip files are released with every image build, but please note you DO NOT have to re-flash or update the recovery menu unless needed.
At the time of writing this guide re-flashing the recovery menu is not removing or affecting the installed images. Note this could change in a future update cause you to loose of the images you have installed and setup.
AX Technology HD61 purchased from World-of-Satellite.co.uk will have the latest Multiboot recovery menu pre-flashed at time of purchasing. The current latest revision is bootmenu r311.
1) Download latest recovery menu from OpenViX, OpenATV or wherever you wish to download from. Can be download from OpenViX downloads HERE. At time of writing this guide latest zip release is ‘openvix-5.3.023.release-ax61_recovery_emmc.zip’, again you DO NOT have to re-flash or update this Multiboot recovery menu with every release.
2) Unzip the file to your desktop. You will have the following files:
3) Format a USB stick MAX 8GB FAT32.
4) Copy all the files and ‘hd61’ folder to root of USB stick.
5) Power off the AX HD61.
6) Connect USB stick to REAR USB 2.0 port, behind front flap.
7) Hold down rear RESET reset button (next to tuner inputs).
8) Power on whilst holding down reset button. Keep holding down the RESET button until FLSH appears on front display.
9) Be paitient, once successful the AX HD61 will reboot into the recovery menu.
10) You’ll see various options, to not go off topic simply select ‘Boot 1. LINUX_1’ to boot into the image installed into slot 1. Screen will look similar as below, note you can see the revision number bottom left corner
Comments are closed.